About Dr Karen
Karen Castle, Ph.D. is an eclectic healer and a Dr of Oriental Medicine with a Ph.D. in Wisdom Studies and an MA in Transpersonal Psychology. She has a practice in St Petersburg, FL offering Acupuncture and Transformational coaching for those interested in an overall mind, body, spirit approach to health and wholeness. This offers a combination of health for the body and mind but also a healthy connection to one's spiritual self. Karen is passionate about helping others live healthy, fulfilling and passionate lifestyles.
Her background is based on her recent Ph.D. in Wisdom studies with a focus on the mysteries and ritual of ancient wisdom along with a combination of her double Masters degree in Oriental Medicine and Transpersonal Psychology and her Certification in Holotropic Breathwork (since 2005). She has studied several cultural philosophies focused on the intent to heal the body through a spiritual practice. Karen has studied and experienced the Buddhist philosophy, Sufism, Hinduism & Indian philosophy, Pagan, Sumerian, Christianity, Catholicism, and Eastern Medicine,
"I am committed to assisting others be all they can be." She offers powerful and well-presented Breathwork workshops. These workshops offer sacred space to allow one to enter an altered state of consciousness and connect with one's own inner wisdom or inner healer. Read more on the Breathwork page.
Her way of healing is considered esoteric. She is practiced in the Healing Arts since 1997 and has 15 years of experience as a deep-tissue Neuromuscular Massage Therapist that adds to her overall mind, body, spirit knowledge of the human body. Karen's experties comes not only from her personal physical healing but also from her own inner work and spiritual transformation using tools listed on her website.
Karen is an author of two books focused on myth and archetype. She has an ongoing connection with these stories as they guide and mold her life. Karen teaches spiritual classes at First Unity in St. Petersburg, FL. See Event Calendar for more info.
"Human beings are bodies, minds, and spirits: Health necessarily involves all of those components and any program intended to improve the health must address all of them." Dr. Andrew Weil
Dr Castle's Credentials
- MA Oriental Medicine, MA Transpersonal Psychology
- PhD Doctoral Candidate with Wisdom University
- Florida Licensed Acupuncture Physician AP1964
- Florida Licensed Massage Therapist MA25624
- Certified Holotropic Breathwork Practitioner
- Faculty at Enneagram Institute Part II Training
- Kundalini Yoga Teacher, KRYT Certified 2012
- Toastmaster -DTM Distinguished Toastmaster 2012
- Member American Acupuncture Council
- Member American Massage Council
- Bachelor Accounting from NIU 1988
- 2nd Degree Black Belt, International TaeKwonDo 2010
- Minor in Theatre Dance (Active), Certified Pilates Instructor 2005